RE: [h-e-w] Emacs + Imap/MS Exchange

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Emacs + Imap/MS Exchange
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:50:49 -0400

As an aside, i forgot to mention the existence of unix mail utilities
compiled for use with windows (i.e. native win32 binaries) which remove the
need for a cygwin installation. However, i've made no attempt to use them,
so have nothing to offer on their functionality. They also seem to lack a
mail transfer agent, which could be problematic, but i'm not sure how their
version of fetchmail works. Anyway, the link is:

http://unixmail-w32.sourceforge.net/

jonathan.

smtpmail.el?re
v=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) allows for user authentication
on a smtp server. To use this instead of ssmtp, download that file, and
place it somewhere in your load path and add the following to .emacs

(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "nrcmrdbh1.imsb.nrc.ca")
(setq smtpmail-local-domain "nrc.ca")
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it) ; if you use `mail'
(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials  ; or use ~/.authinfo
      '(("nrcmrdbh1.imsb.nrc.ca" 25 "USERNAME" "PASSWORD")))
(load-library "smtpmail.el")

Hope this is of some use to someone. Apologies for such a long message.

jonathan.