Re: [h-e-w] Re: terminal-mode cygwin/emacs problem

From: Guy Worthington
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: terminal-mode cygwin/emacs problem
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:19:24 +0800

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 09:28:13PM -0400, Tom Roche wrote:
> Tom Roche wrote:
> the display [is] not quite right: when emacs
> starts up, the display is usually shifted either down a line or
> to the right a column from where it should be, with extraneous
> characters showing in either the minibuffer, or the top of the
> display (first line under windows titlebar) or both.

This may be a long shot, you may be able to suppress weird characters
by adding:

    export LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1

to your .bash_profile

I've also written down the following tip (which I think I picked up on the
cygwin mailing list):

    In the cygwin.bat file add the following line

        set CYGWIN=ntsec tty codepage:oem