Re: [h-e-w] Ediff in Emacs

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Ediff in Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:28:18 -0000

You don't need any special Emacs setup to run ediff, but you do need a UNIX-like version of diff; I find that the Cygwin version of diff (and other tools) works well with Emacs.  Moreover, you need to ensure that the appropriate Cygwin bin directory is in your path.  People disagree about how best to do this; I just add them to my default Windows path.  Provided there is no Windows command with the same name then it doesn't matter where they go within the path.

Francis