RE: [h-e-w] Strange Problem (perhaps even a bug!)

From: jasonr
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Strange Problem (perhaps even a bug!)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 17:38:43 +0000 (GMT)

> The reformatting appears to be done in place rather than using temporary
> storage for this.

Thanks. I think my change on April 17th to decode the filename based
on the system locale already took care of this.

Can anyone running the current pretest on Windows confirm this is fixed
there.

Original report follows..............................

 We have discovered some strange behaviour here when using
the windows dialog find-file (i.e. doing a find file via the
menu).

To reproduce this

open a file say c:\temp\test.c (does not matter how you open this one)

open a file using the menu bar c:\temp\test2.c

Now view the buffers and you get

MR Buffer Size Mode File
. crap.c 12 C d:/temp/test1.c
test.c 18 C d:\temp\test.c
*scratch* 0 Lisp Interaction
* *Messages* 554 Fundamental
*Compile-Log* 0 Fundamental

As you can see test.c has the directory separators in
"windows" way

Now if you open test.c again via find file you get two test.c
buffers.