Re: [h-e-w] Strange Problem (perhaps even a bug!)

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Strange Problem (perhaps even a bug!)
Date: 12 Nov 2002 22:17:22 -0800

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, address@hidden wrote:
> I do not think that you can logically draw the conclusion that the
> windows open file dialog is not used much from the fact that this bug
> was just now discovered.  I use it almost exclusively when running
> emacs in windows.

I've tried it a few times, but I don't get completion, so I stopped.
The other issue for me was that I can't really get around Emacs very
efficiently with mouse-only operations (or, maybe I stopped looking for
the mouse operation cause the keyboard is so much faster).

I do love C-[right-click] though.  Tre cool!

> I think that the only logical conclusion that you can draw from the
> facts is that people you use the windows dialog to open files do not
> use find file (C-x C-f) to switch between buffers.

I know I've never used that to switch between buffers, but I don't use
the windows dialog either, so oh well.

Later.