[h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:32:34 -0500

I'm using the mutt mail reader under cygwin.  I've just written a
short shell script so I can edit my messages and replies in an
existing emacs window, using gnuclientw.  This seems to work pretty
well.  However, there are a couple of additional features I would like
to add.  I don't know if these are possible with gnuclientw or not.

1) I'd like a way to call emacs synchronously, so that my other
   process pauses until ... what?  Right now, my shell script (below)
   calls gnuclientw, passing the name of the draft file to edit, and
   then does a 'read' to wait for user input.  I thought there was a
   way to get emacs to wake up the calling process once the draft has
   been edited and saved.  Anyone know?

2) When the edit buffer is opened in emacs, I'd like to be in message
   mode or mail mode or something that understands email.  Is that
   possible, through gnuclientw?

3) I'd really like to get flyspell running in the draft buffer.  The
   hand is quicker than the brain.

Thanks,

-pd

P.S. - If any cares, here's the shell script I'm using:

#!/bin/sh
/cygdrive/c/bin/gnuclientw c:/temp/`basename $*`
echo -n "Press Enter to continue"
read stat
exit 1

--