Re: [h-e-w] compile java with emacs on PC?

From: Karel Sprenger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] compile java with emacs on PC?
Date: 02 Dec 2002 22:32:55 +0100

Hi Scott,

>>> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:02:05 -0600, Scott Purcell (Scott) wrote:
Scott>
Scott> Hello,
Scott>
Scott> I am running win2000 and I am working with java source files. It
Scott> would be nice if I could compile and run class files from emacs,
Scott> but I do not think it is do-able?
Scott>
Scott> I did figure out I can compile by going under "tools/compile"
Scott> then type in javac filename.java.  That works, but is there a
Scott> quick-key to the compile function? I get tired of using the
Scott> mouse. Also can we run a java file from here in a new frame? I
Scott> don't think so, but I thought I would ask. And while I am
Scott> asking, is there anything else cool emacs can do as far as
Scott> compiling java files that someone could pass along?
Scott>

You should definitely use Java Development Environment for Emacs (JDEE)
which may be downloaded from http://jdee.sunsite.dk/.  To put it
mildly, there's no Java life in Emacs without it :-)

Cheers,
Karel

--
Karel Sprenger, solution architect