[h-e-w] Remove line-wrapping

From: Wojciech Komornicki
Subject: [h-e-w] Remove line-wrapping
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:22:38 -0600

>>>>> "denny" == denny lofgren <address@hidden> writes:

  denny:> Hello all!
  denny:> I´m currently searching for a line (or several lines) of code to add
to my
  denny:> .emacs that will remove the line-wrapping. I tried to turn on the
hscroll
  denny:> mode but that didn´t seem to make any difference.

Look at the variable truncate-lines

Here is the help page:

    Documentation:
    *Non-nil means do not display continuation lines;
    give each line of text one screen line.
    Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.

    Note that this is overridden by the variable
    `truncate-partial-width-windows' if that variable is non-nil
    and this buffer is not full-frame width.

    You can customize this variable.