[h-e-w] RE: Compiling JSP

From: Sprenger, Karel
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: Compiling JSP
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:18:34 +0100

Hi,

Initially I thought something along the following lines would do the trick:

-----8<-----
(defun my-jsp-mode-stuff()
  (unless (local-variable-p 'compile-command)
    (if (string= (file-name-extension buffer-file-name) "jsp")
        (set (make-local-variable 'compile-command)
             (concat "java"
                     " "
                     "-cp"
                     " "
                     (if (getenv "CLASSPATH")
                         (concat (getenv "CLASSPATH") ";")
                       "")
                     (file-name-directory buffer-file-name)
                     " "
                     "weblogic.jspc"
                     " "
                     (file-name-nondirectory buffer-file-name))))))
(add-hook 'html-helper-mode-hook 'my-jsp-mode-stuff)
-----8<-----

But... I'm using mmm-mode to automatically switch from jsp-html-helper-mode to
JDE mode when inside the Java parts of a JSP file.  In that case,
my-jsp-mode-stuff gets called twice, first normally through the code handling
auto-mode-alist and then from inside mmm-mode. On the second invocation
buffer-file-name returns nil and the whole scheme collapses.  I can't figure
out how to tackle this problem (major-mode isn't set either).

Any help would be much appreciated.  Also what I really would like to have here
is access to JDE's classpath variables.

Cheers,
Karel