[h-e-w] how to turn off electric braces for // in c-mode?

From: Rostyslav Boutchko
Subject: [h-e-w] how to turn off electric braces for // in c-mode?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:24:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi
Can anyone help me to turn off the electric brace
behavior of // in c-mode?  I can't stand when a
comment starts anywhere but at the first column, but
can't seem to find a way to turn this annoying feature
off.
And yes, I am a dummy when it comes to Emacs, so if
you can help me, please be patient and detailed with
your instructions, thanks.
Oh, I don't beleive it matters, but just in case:
it's XEmacs 21.1 (patch 9) "Canyonlands" (win32) on
Windows 2000.

Thanks a bunch!

Ross