Re: [h-e-w] Re: connection from ntemacs to COM

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: connection from ntemacs to COM
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:32:47 -0500 (EST)

thank you for your offer to start a simple example.

This is the type of thing I want.  I will frame it in standard MS terms,
although my real applications are other software---S-Plus, SAS, and other
statistical programs.

The example:
Open two files in MS Word.
>From emacs, send a highlighted region to
  a. the current cursor position in file1 in word
  b. a specified cursor position (defaulting to the end of the document)
     in file1 in word

Switch to one of the word documents and highlight a region.  Just highlight it,
do not copy it with C-c.
Switch back to emacs and tell emacs to get the highlighted region.  The task
is to figure out which of the word documents is current and to locate the
highlighted region.

.The python/pymacs/emacs connection looks like it is capable of doing
what I want.  I look forward to seeing this example.

Rich