[h-e-w] sort and tab question

From: Scott Purcell
Subject: [h-e-w] sort and tab question
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:39:39 -0600

Hello,

I am running Emacs 20.3.1 (i386-*-windows955.0) on 2000.

I have two questions that I cannot figure out.
1) I am trying to sort some import statements.
import java.util.Vetor;
import java.awt.*;
import java.net.URL;

I see from the docs that I hit M-x sort-lines, but It doesn't seem to work. On
my PC, When I hit (alt)(M) then try to hit -x, it keeps typing the -x in the
editor window? What am I doing wrong.???

2) I sometimes have to re-tab paragraphs of text aroiund, and I know this is
do-able, but I cannot figure it out either.

Could someone possibly give me some guidance on these two issues.

Thanks,
Scott