[h-e-w] Problems with ECB and BBDB/Gnus

From: Jeffery B. Rancier
Subject: [h-e-w] Problems with ECB and BBDB/Gnus
Date: 11 Dec 2002 12:30:54 -0500

Hello All,

Sorry for the cross post, but I didn't know which group to post to for
this one.  I'm having a hard time using the ECB (1.80) with BBDB.  I
am using layout number 12.  With the BBDB popping up their window when
I select a message with a known user, I get the window, but it's a
short article buffer.  I move in the summary buffer to another mail
article, and I hit enter, and get another window (within the main (on
the right) ECB window).  None of which display the BBDB.

On the left the methods buffer looks fine. Then below that, *there* is
the BBDB buffer, below that, a copy of the main buffer (I see this
message there).  Below that a *Group* buffer, and the history buffer
looks fine.

I find myself constantly deactivating and reactivating the ECB
buffer.  I the ECB with BBDB and Gnus, just not usable, or is there
something awry with the generic setup?

I'm using NTEmacs 21.2 on WinXP Pro, ECB 1.80, BBDB 2.34, Gnus 5.9.  I
did try to launch Gnus in another frame, but everytime I sent a new
source module to Emacs, it ended up (most of the time) in my Gnus
frame.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff