Re: [h-e-w] evaluate _emacs?

From: Andy . Ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] evaluate _emacs?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:56:31 +0000

> Upon opening emacs (using runemacs) all of a sudden it opens with a
plain
> version of emacs rather than the one with my customizations in my _emacs
> file. If I open _emacs and run eval-buffer everything operates as
> normal(i.e. with customizations). How do I restore my startup so that
> _emacs gets evaluated automatically? thanks for your help.

My immediate thought is that your HOME environment variable
is not set correctly. When it doesn't start correctly check
your HOME.

If it is not set then one reason this may have happened is that
explorer has crashed and restarted. When this happens it doesn't
seem to read the environment correctly (Assuming you're using
NT/Win2k).

HTH

Andy Ling                         email: address@hidden
Quantel Ltd.                      Tel:   +44 (0)1635 48222
Turnpike Road, Newbury Berks UK. RG14 2NE