Re: [h-e-w] Gnus scoring questions

From: Bill Pringlemeir
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Gnus scoring questions
Date: 21 Jan 2003 11:42:36 -0500

 Windhorn> I'm using Emacs 21.2 with Gnus 5.9.0 just as it came.

 Windhorn> 1. There is a command called Trace Score in the menu, but
 Windhorn> when I try to use it, I get the message,
 Windhorn> "gnus-configure-windows: No such setting in
 Windhorn> `gnus-buffer-configuration': score-trace."  What do I need
 Windhorn> to do to make this work?

Does the key sequence "V t" work when you are in the "summary buffer"?
This is working on my configuration... but so does the menu item.

 GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt4.0.1381) of 2002-03-19 on BILL
 Gnus v5.9.0

I think that there is some other configuration info that we are
missing.

 Windhorn> 2. How can I get articles below a certain score NOT to
 Windhorn> display at all?  I have set a level to expunge, but this
 Windhorn> just marks the articles; they still show up on the list.

I don't know about this.  However, gnu.emacs.gnus is very helpful and
the people there know much more *about Gnus* than the NT Emacs mailing
list... or so I would postulate as the Gnus developers are usually
reading that news group.

hth,
Bill Pringlemeir.