Re: [h-e-w] Re: Dired on windows

From: Tom A Baker
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Dired on windows
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:54:45 -0500 (EST)

 >  From: Galen Boyer <address@hidden>
 >  Date: 07 Feb 2003 21:57:18 -0800
 >
 >  > On 06 Feb 2003, address@hidden wrote:
 >
 >  > Supposed I in the directory C:/ and I hit the '..' entry, I would like
 >  > to got to a dired buffer that will show me available drives (a:/, c:/,
 >  > d:/ e.t.c) (like in "my computer")
 >
 >  AFAIK, there is nothing for that and the same is true for VNC shares.
 >  Would be very useful.

This came up something like a year ago.  There was some code posted to
try to scare out the available drives, but it was not quite what jptheber
is after.  (I think it wiould test any particular drive.  Then wouldn't it
have to test all drives A-Z, and then AA-AZ and BA-ZZ.)  The discussion
and code should be in the archive.

Tom Baker

-----
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. --Pablo Picasso