[h-e-w] Version Control Problem

From: Wojciech Komornicki
Subject: [h-e-w] Version Control Problem
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:52:26 -0600

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Fieldsend <address@hidden> writes:

  Richard:> Dear All,
  Richard:> I have an irritating problem. I use Emacs both at home and at Work,
and
  Richard:> both on Windows and Linux boxes. On my home machines (both Linux and
  Richard:> Windows) the version control works brilliantly, and exactly as
expected.
  Richard:> For Windows I use the CS-RCS software I've downloaded from Component
  Richard:> Software, which also requires vc.el, which they provide. I've
downloaded
  Richard:> and byte compiled the vc.el as expected, and don't appear to get
any errors
  Richard:> in the byte compilation, but when I try and use the version control
I get
  Richard:> an error irrespective of what I'm trying to do (check in code,
register
  Richard:> files etc).

  Richard:> The error is:-  Wrong type argument: sequencep, 101

  Richard:> The RCS software works fine with other software that knows how to
integrate
  Richard:> (specifically Microsoft Word etc), but I'd really like to be able
to use
  Richard:> version control on the html I generate in Emacs.

  Richard:> Other useful information:
  Richard:> Home PC is Windows 98, Work PC is Windows 2000, both are version
21.2 of emacs.

I remember having similar problems when I would have mixed mode files,
i.e., files which had both CR-LF line endings and just LF.  Does
anything change if you save your file in binary mode on the PC?

--
Wojciech Komornicki                                      Dept of Mathematics
address@hidden                                     Hamline University