Re: [h-e-w] Fixing path for gdb (gud) in NTEmacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Fixing path for gdb (gud) in NTEmacs
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:49:20 +0000

Luetzeler Michael wrote:

When I start gdb from NTEmacs M-x gdb -> run gdb -nw the source code files
are given with a path:
v:/V/TTS_SX1/PROJECTS/SITTSS/SRC/sitts.cpp
which does not exist.

The souce is located in:
v:/TTS_SX1/PROJECTS/SITTSS/SRC/

Is there some magic how I can "strip" the /v/ part coming from gdb befor
emacs tries to open the file?
You could write a file-name-handler to strip it out. See the variable file-name-handler-alist for a starting point, and cygwin-mount.el if you need an example of something similar (but more complex).

Is there any "other" GUI frontend to gdb (I have to use an aquard version of
gdb supplied by Symbian for on-target debugging -- can't switch to current
cygwin gdb.)
There are others, ddd is one I have used before, but they are likely to have the same problem with the invalid file names the Symbian gdb is passing back.