Re: [h-e-w] CC-Mode without syntax highlight

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] CC-Mode without syntax highlight
Date: 21 Mar 2005 01:51:31 -0600

On Sunday, March 20, "Fábio Emilio Costa" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I want to use cplusplus-mode for C++ programming, but CC-Mode don't show
>  the syntax highlighted... Any Ideas?

>PS: Xbase, SGML, HTML, LaTeX and LISP mode are okay with the syntax
>highlight thing...

Try executing c++-mode directly with M-x to see if you
do indeed have it 'installed'.  (Basically, it needs
to be on your elisp load path.)

See if the relevant extension can be found in the
value for variable auto-mode-alist.

If above does not help and unless you can make an
argument that your problem is somehow specific to the
Windows port of emacs, I'd suggest that you try asking
your question on the Usenet forum gnu.emacs.help where
there are more folks to help you and more who can
benefit from the seeing the response you get.  That
Usenet forum is general while this list is intended
only for emacs issues specific to Windows.

Regards,
  David V.