Re: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:23:13 +0100

Stephen Leake wrote:

This is a little strong.

I use Cygwin 'ssh' under Emacs a lot. What doesn't work is when ssh
tries to prompt for a passphrase, or for other user input (like "do
you want to save this host").

So I launch ssh-agent, do ssh-add, then launch emacs. I also do the
first login to any machine outside Emacs; after that I can use ssh
quite nicely under Emacs.

It could be better, but it's functional.
Could you perhaps tell where you find ssh-agent? I can not find it in the Cygwin setup program (it is in my opinion difficult to find things there).

Does Cygwin cvs handle CRLF-LF conversion just as nicely as cvsnt?