RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:16:53 -0700

    exists there any list of all cusomize-options (internet,
    book,...) with short descriptions, for example to find the
    option  gnuserv-reuseframe. the option menu is not very clear for me.

 M-x apropos-variable RET . RET

That gives you a short description of each option. That's a period, `.' at
the prompt. It means, "Show me all options whose names match `.'"  And `.'
matches any character, so this gives you all user options.

If you also want to see the current values of the options, use:

 M-x edit-options RET

That will tell you in Emacs 22 that "Package options is obsolete", but it
works just fine. All options are listed, and you can edit their values.

The non-obsolete, recommended way to do what `edit-options' does, and more,
is this:

 M-x customize-apropos-options RET . RET

(In this case, the `.' after the prompt is optional - you can just hit RET.)
That will take a while, BTW... It gives you all user options in one
Customize buffer.