Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:37:26 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I wish people would recommend the Emacs documentation _before_ wiki
and the other sites.  I spent a few hours adding documentation of
w32-specific features to the manual just a few days ago: was that a
futile waste of time on my part?

I hope it was not a waste of your time and I am very glad to hear you have added that documentation.

That is a very good advice as long as the answer can be found in the documentation. At this time the situation is however a bit confusing. I know very little about the documentation that comes with Emacs 21.3 but I am at least learning more and more about the docs in 22. But often it would be wrong to point to the latter since that is not a released version yet.

If the documentation bundled with Emacs is not complete or wrong or
unclear, please report that as bugs.
I have done that on several occasions but you have said that some documentation should stay on the wiki. I respect that but find the information on the wiki quite useful. (As you surely guess, Eli, this is about printing on w32.)