Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs

From: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:22:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

BTW, shouldn't the help screen come in a new frame?

Sorry, I don't think I understand what you ask.  Can you elaborate?

It is quite frequent to read help screens and compare them with some
text that is being edited. My (personal) order of preference is

 1) have them side by side,
 2) activate "always on top" or similar option for the help frame,
 3) switch _rapidly_ between help and text, i.e. single keystroke/click.

Most apps have a separate utility to display help. Emacs does not.
That is consistent with the fact that Emacs can do very different
things. However, none of the three alternatives above are easily
viable with the default behavior of info screens.

Emacs can open multiple frames, but one has to ask for that explicitly.
There is no C-x 5 h... command either. Why?