RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs

From: Stephen F. Heffner
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:54:28 -0700

Nat Goodspeed wrote:

> ... My point is simply that keyboard
> customization is even more important for emacs than for most other
> software.

I didn't mean to imply that I don't customize the keyboard.  I have a
whole raft of custom key bindings that activate eLisp stuff I've written
(or stolen 8^).  But they all live on the "standard" keyboard, for the
reasons I've given.  I've dedicated a personal prefix to the key bindings,
to keep them from interfering with the normal ones.  This is something I
recommend for newbies as they transition to midbies and oldbies.

Steve Heffner

Stephen F. Heffner, President        | Phone:  +1(480)626-5503
         ------------                | Fax:    +1(480)626-7618
Pennington Systems Incorporated      | Email:  address@hidden
8655 East Via de Ventura, Suite G200 | Web:    http://WWW.Pennington.com
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258 USA        | XTRAN:  A software engineering meta-tool