Re: [h-e-w] new user keybindings

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] new user keybindings
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:31:41 -0400 (EDT)

I have been following this discussion from a distance and therefore
tried out the CUA bindings just to see what they do.  My interest is
protective.  I am forever typing C-w in my university's email window
and then the whole window vanishes.

My first reaction was negative.  When I highlighted some text and then
typed C-x C-f to find a new file my higlighted region vanished.
I would rather use two different key-bindings---emacs and other---then
go through the hassle of undoing unintended text kills.  What is
the recommended way to protect regular emacs users from this problem?
What is the way to tell new users with the CUA bindings about the many, many
emacs commands that begin with C-x?

Rich