Re: [h-e-w] RE: new user keybindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] RE: new user keybindings
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:47:02 +0300

> Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:39:09 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Are you using a lot of other programs on windows too?

I'm not Raymond, but I do use other programs.

However, I don't see how that matters.  You don't need to go as far as
CUA to bump into differences: what about C-f (search) and C-s (save)?
what about C-z (undo) and C-y (redo)?  Are you saying we should remap
them in Emacs as well, for the uniformity's sake?

In other words, there's no uniform convention of key bindings upheld
by the majority of GUI programs.  We all learned to live with that,
because those are the facts of life.  So why should Emacs yield to
this illusory uniformity?