Re: [h-e-w] Re: Fullscreen on Windows?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Fullscreen on Windows?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 07:28:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:08:31 +0200
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

There has been a decision that Emacs 22 (it is not yet released) should not support maximized windows.
??? Really?  It works for me if I invoke Emacs with the --fullscreen
command-line option.

That window (Emacs frame) is not maximized. If you look at the bottom of the screen there might be a few pixels missing. And you can move the window. You can not do that with a maximized window.

You are right.  But does it really matter much from the user's
perspective?
Maybe not. But I found it irritating enough do make the patch. If I remember correctly now it was the positioning of the windows that was the troublesome thing. I often create (and delete) new windows and sometimes those quasimaximized windows got the wrong position.

Since I have not been using Emacs for very long without my patch I am not quite sure however.