Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 and viper

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 and viper
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 02:36:54 +0200

Denny Wright (dennyw) wrote:
Good day,
I've just installed EmacsW32 (Emacs-22-CvsP060830-EmacsW32-1.06.exe). I love the integrated gnuclient but I have one problem with viper mode. It could be contributed to either Emacs or gnuclientw (since that's what is being executed first). Basically, when I open the first file, the status bar indicates (V) for viper mode but I'm still in Emacs mode. Ctrl-Z minimized Emacs. M-x viper-mode doesn't fix it but if I play around with M-x viper-??? hitting tab and such, it starts to work. Once its up, I can open other files and viper works fine. So I'm curious if this is a known issue with Gnu Emacs, EmacsW32 or gnuclientw? Is there a setting or startup option that I need to change? Thanks
Denny
Hi Denny,

Could you please try the same thing as above but without your current emacs init file (~/.emacs)? If the problem still persists could you then tell me more exactly what you are doing, step by step?

BTW I am a heavy Viper user and I have never noticed the kind of problem you have here.