Re: [h-e-w] Extremely slow file name completion for remote drives

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Extremely slow file name completion for remote drives
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 02:27:50 +0400

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 21:48:57 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > I wonder if something was changed in mingw stat emulation maybe.
>
> Did you compile Emacs yourself?  If not, could you try compiling Emacs
> 20.7 and 22.2 with the same MinGW version and see if their speed is
> comparable?

No, I'm using stock ftp.gnu.org binaries.

Meanwhile I've puzzled out what caused my problem.

w32-get-true-file-attributes now defaults to t!  Apparently that
change (made on 2002-04-28 according to ChangeLog) has only now
trickled into the released sources.

That's quite a relief as the "fix" is just one setq away.

Sorry for the noise.

SY, Uwe
--
address@hidden                       |       Zu Grunde kommen