Re: [h-e-w] find-file space-bar completion

From: robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] find-file space-bar completion
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:23:57 -0400

Yes, I am running  the CVS version of Emacs 23. Thanks to both of you
for your help. I guess I'm old-fashioned, but not only do I prefer the
space bar completion keybinding (maybe because I've been doing it so
l>ong), but having spaces in a file name seems somehow just plain wrong
to me.

It's hard to avoid such files in Windows. However, anybody using the keyboard with such files needs to learn to quote the spaces. I believe the thinking behind
the recent change is wrong.
It's relatively easy to repair, though.

-