Re: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32: Emacsw32_080512 + TRAMP + max-lisp-eval-depth

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32: Emacsw32_080512 + TRAMP + max-lisp-eval-depth error
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:22:19 +0200

"Ingersoll, Nelson" <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Nelson,

>    I discovered the FTP information using ProcessExplorer.  The qualifiers
> are the default sent by TRAMP/Ange-FTP.

You must forgive me, but W32 systems are not my default environment ...

>    At the moment I strongly suspect TRAMP (or something closely connected
> with it) is at fault; however, inconsistency in the way FTP transfer is
> working between the systems makes me stop and think maybe not.  As a result I
> will become quiet until I can get a better handle on the issues I'm seeing.
> This way I won't tire you and, hopefully, I'll be able to provide a more
> coherent report.

I remember a significant change in Ange-FTP between Emacs 22 and
23. It is the way file names are quoted.

I don't know whether it is relevant for you, but maybe you compare the
internal Ange-ftp buffers, which trace all FTP commands which are sent.

> - Nelson

Best regards, Michael.