RE: [h-e-w] Oops! re. "have problem using emacs"

From: Phil Betts
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Oops! re. "have problem using emacs"
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 05:08:23 -0000

David Vanderschel wrote:
> I accidentally published to the list what was supposed
> to be my effort to get Rao to try a different approach
> before he sought help here.  Sorry about that.  Now
> someone will have an opportunity to dispute my
> advice.  ;-)

I don't dispute the advice, but if Rao is still reading, perhaps I can
help anyway.  If not, at least the answer will be in the archives for
future reference.

A return code of 53 means a DLL was missing.  To find out which DLL,
run "cygcheck emacs".  This will list the DLLs loaded by emacs.  Any
failures need to be resolved by installing the missing package(s).

Once you know which DLL is missing, you can use cygcheck again, this
time with the -p option, to find out which package needs installing,

e.g. suppose the missing DLL was C:\cygwin\bin\cygjpeg-62.dll
You would run the following:

$ cygcheck -p /bin/cygjpeg-62.dll
Found 2 matches for /bin/cygjpeg-62.dll.
libjpeg62/libjpeg62-6b-11       A library for manipulating JPEG image
format files (runtime)
libjpeg62/libjpeg62-6b-12       A library for manipulating JPEG image
format files (runtime)

So, you would need to install the libjpeg62 package using cygwin's
setup.exe.

Phil
--

This email has been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.