Re: [h-e-w] emacsw32? frame display update/redraw issue and .desktop fil

From: Geek4AllSeasons
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacsw32? frame display update/redraw issue and .desktop file problem
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

Geek4AllSeasons wrote:

> Frames are not being redrawn with consistently requiring frequent forced
> updates (C-l or (redraw)).

This appears to be old news.

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=950 "Emacs on
Windows XP fails to draw contents of new frame"

I am frequently frustrated (or worse) using search engines. Links to
http://www.nabble.com/emacs-frame-blurs-td22579789.html emacs blurs frames
(or similar) were included in results. "blur" was not a good clue/term for
me.

In the future I'll search the bug list directly. Stem searches should be
common, if not standard. I'm never certain if something like "redraw" will
match "draw".

I'll just add  this experience to my concept indexing primary research. :-)
:-|