Re: [h-e-w] EMACS Question - Startup

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EMACS Question - Startup
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:53:27 +0800

Stephen D Preston wrote:

I have used emacs as a text editor for many years, currently on a Windows XP platform. My current version (21.3.1) of emacs always starts up with two windows. The first has a black background and doesn't seem to have any function. The second is the normal emacs editing window. Both seem to be tied together in that if I close one, both close. Is there any way to have emacs start up without the annoying and seemingly useless first window?
Use runemacs.exe instead of emacs.exe.