RE: [h-e-w] Re: mouse wheel button problem on Windows

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Re: mouse wheel button problem on Windows
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:23:30 -0800

I found a solution to my mouse wheel-button problem, in case it helps others. My
mouse software is MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

It turns out that there is a setting under the `Wheel' tab that actually affects
the wheel button also. Nothing I changed in the `Wheel Button' field of the
Buttons tab had any effect by itself, but this solved the problem:

1. On the `Buttons' tab, under `Wheel Button', choose `Auto Scroll'. (This is
needed, for some reason.)

2. On the `Wheel' tab, under `Wheel Troubleshooter', click the `Advanced'
button.

3. Choose the radio button `Only disable IntelliPoint wheel support for the
following programs:'

4. Click `Add', navigate to your Emacs `bin' folder and choose `emacs.exe'.

5. Repeat step four for each Emacs version that you have installed (and use).
Likewise, repeat it for `gnuclientw.exe', if you use that.

6. Sacrifice a virgin toad (any species, AFAICT) under the first full moon in
February, after playing tennis with it for 16 hours and convincing it to eat
half a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with rye toast. (The rye toast was
the hard part.)

Nothing else seemed to do the trick, but that did.

HTH.