[h-e-w] Re: Opening a frame on a second monitor

From: BKnoth
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Opening a frame on a second monitor
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:19:46 -0800

On 11/4/2009 7:42 PM, Jason Rumney wrote:
BKnoth wrote:
I've been searching for a command that allows me to open a frame on a
second monitor on WinXP. I recall that I even succeeded once, but
don't know what I did (or if I was dreaming).

I want a "make-frame-on-display" command that works on Win32 (the
existing "make-frame-on-display" command seems to only support X).

That's not what make-frame-on-display does. It opens a frame on a
different X display (ie, a different login session). Multiple monitors
in the same session are handled by setting the x and y offset in
frame-parameters to position the frame where you want it, whether on X
or on Windows.

Thanks - you answered my question. The following frame alist opens a frame on my second monitor when used with the make-frame function.

(setq second-frame-alist
              '((top . 0)
                (left . -1280)
                (width . 150)