Re: [h-e-w] Please test w32-shell-execute

From: andy . ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Please test w32-shell-execute
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:38:34 +0000

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Rainer Stengele
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Lennart, I ran the successfully ending tests on Windows XP Prof. SP3
german.

> Thanks Rainer,
>
> Then we know it can work on XP Pro too.
>
> I can see no pattern at all in this. Has anyone seen something?

I have had problems with setting/maintaining firefox as the default
browser. Nothing to do with emacs, but it may be related.

This page

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_Default_Browser

mentions the command

firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser

Which fixed it for me.

There is also more information here

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Setting+Firefox+as+the+default+browser+does+not+work

Maybe something here will set whatever is necessary to make emacs work.

HTH

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.