[h-e-w] Separate clipboard and kill ring in Windows

From: vegar
Subject: [h-e-w] Separate clipboard and kill ring in Windows
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 03:52:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to make Emacsw32's clipboard and kill ring behave
like for example Aquamacs. That is to say: When I do a kill in Emacs with
say C-k, I want the content copied to the kill ring so that I can yank it in
elsewhere in the document. But my Windows clipboard should remain untouched
and still contain whatever I copied there earlier on. However, if I do a
selection the Windows way and do a Ctrl-C or CTRL-Insert, then whatever I
selected should be copied to the clipboard. The kill ring should not be
affected by this. Likewise, C-y should insert only what I've previously
killed in Emacs, and Ctrl-V should always insert whatever is on the Windows
clipboard.

I know there are quite a few copy/cut/paste options to Emacs, but I can't
quite grasp how they all interact with another. Is there a good way to
accomplish this in Emacs for Windows, and how do I go about it?

Thanks!

-Vegar