[h-e-w] Re: Building Emacs from CVS

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Building Emacs from CVS
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:32:43 -0500

    I think the instructions for downloading the compiler is a bit hard to
    find on http://mingw.org/. Maybe the instructions on this page are
    those to recommend:

      http://www.mingw.org/wiki/HOWTO_Install_the_MinGW_GCC_Compiler_Suite

    That page says there is an installer which they recommend for a
    beginner. Has anyone tried that?

On Getting_Started, it says the automated installer has been deprecated
and to use the manual installation instructions on the page.

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started was what I used to install
MinGW.  (And for goodness sakes, I can follow it ...)

The how to that Lennart mentions is referred to at the top of
Getting_Started as `advanced installation instructions'.

    Ok, I will describe my actions by steps:

    1. emacs src from CVS is ready.

Huh?  I'd score a copy of GNU Emacs via Bazaar.  In fact that's what
I've done, installed Bazaar on Windows and did

bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk

    5. download coreutils-5.3.0.exe from
    http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html install it to
    C:\GnuWin32\