[h-e-w] Editing remote file on Linux machine using Emacs on Windows

From: rajesh.jag
Subject: [h-e-w] Editing remote file on Linux machine using Emacs on Windows
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:14:29 +0530

Hi,

I'm using GNU Emacs 22.3.1 on Windows XP.

I have some code I edit in a scratchbox instance on a VMWare virtual
machine running Ubuntu Linux Server Edition 9.10.
I ssh to the VM, then start login to scratchbox, and work on the code.

The scratchbox installation has emacsclient installed, and I was
wondering whether it would be possible for me to edit files using
emacsclient and have them open on Emacs running on a different machine -
in this case my Windows install.

The 1st question: Is this even possible?

The 2nd question: If it is, then how?

The man pages for emacsclient don't say anything about how to connect to
remote emacs servers. Goind through the man page for emacsclient, I get
the feeling options -s, -f and -d could be used to make this happen, but
I don't know what to do next.

Rajesh J Advani