Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs trunk on Windows 7

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs trunk on Windows 7
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:13:17 +0300

> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:50:47 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
>
> 1) configure.bat can't find X11/xpm.h, even though it's right there with
> the other image format headers.

What do you mean "right there with the other image format headers"?
It shouldn't be with other headers, it should be in its own X11
subdirectory.  I'm guessing that you have the include files in
H:/Apps/System/gnuwin32/include; if so, xpm.h should be in
H:/Apps/System/gnuwin32/include/X11.

> 2) If I disable it, configure succeeds, but `make bootstrap` fails when
> compiling fns.c complaining about undeclared MD5_DIGEST_SIZE.

That's very strange.  MD5_DIGEST_SIZE is defined in lib/md5.h
unconditionally:

  #define MD5_DIGEST_SIZE 16

and your compilation command line correctly includes the lib
directory through the "-I../lib" switch to GCC:

  gcc -I. -c -gdwarf-2 -g3  -mtune=pentium4 -O2
-IH:/Apps/System/gnuwin32/include -Demacs=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../lib
-I../nt/inc -DHAVE_NTGUI=1 -DUSE_CRT_DLL=1 -DPURESIZE=5000000 -o
oo-spd/i386/fns.o fns.c

So the only way I can think of that this will fail is if
H:/Apps/System/gnuwin32/include includes its own md5.h header that is
incompatible with what Emacs has in lib.  Or maybe you have md5.h in
the src directory.  So please look for an incompatible md5.h somewhere
in the include directories and move it out of the way.