[h-e-w] Emacs for Windows

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs for Windows
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:29:56 +0200

Hello everyone,

I've been providing high-quality native builds of Vim for Windows for quite some time now. The biggest point is that both x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) architectures are supported. They have become extremely popular ever since.

Now I would like to spread out news that I've started Emacs for Windows. It aims to provide high-quality native builds of Emacs for Windows, and once again, x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) architectures are supported (unlike official binaries). Many external features and their corresponding runtime (shared) libraries (DLLs) are already included, so there is no need to search through different binary repositories to get up-to-date GnuTLS, for example, or DBUS, and many others. These features have lots of runtime dependencies, building which is quite cumbersome (if possible at all) for inexperienced users. From now on, all of that is included in my distributions.

I'm looking forward to some feedback, if anybody finds that useful and wants me to continue to support that project actively. It does not mean that I'm going to drop that at all otherwise (since I'm using it as well for myself), but if there is lack of public interest, then I would probably update it much rarer than I could otherwise.

Kind regards,
Alexander Shukaev