Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Can not install slime for emacs on my windows-7-64

From: ye eugene
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Can not install slime for emacs on my windows-7-64
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 17:40:27 +0800

Well,there must be something wrong with my windows-7-64.Because this worked on my another computer(windows 8).For some reason,I do not want to change my system.So I hope someone can find out what is wrong with my windows or emacs.

> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:09:30 +0800
> From: ye eugene <address@hidden>
>
> After I start emacs by "emacs -Q",then type (url-retrieve "http://google.com"
> 'print).It shows the error:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "make client process failed" "too
> many open files" :name "google.com" :buffer #<buffer *url-http-temp*> :host
> "google.com" :service 80 :nowait nil)
> make-network-process(:name "google.com" :buffer #<buffer *url-http-temp*> :host
> "google.com" :service 80 :nowait nil)
> open-network-stream("google.com" #<buffer *url-http-temp*> "google.com" 80 :
> type plain :nowait nil)
> byte-code("\306\211 \n\307>\203$

I cannot reproduce this.  Do I need to install SLIME for the error to
happen?  If so, where do I download it?

Also, which version of Emacs did you use?  I tried 24.4 and the
current development master branch, and they both worked.