Re: [h-e-w] Displaying a different font on the mode-line

From: Matthew Fidler
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Displaying a different font on the mode-line
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:07:10 +0000

Its not consistent with other implementations.  In linux, it shows the face.  Also in cygwin it shows the face.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 11:38 AM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Matthew Fidler <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 15:14:12 +0000
>
> I cannot display a different font for a character on the mode-line when using windows 32 implementation of
> emacs. Is this a known issue?

Every string you put in the mode line must use a single face for all
its characters; Emacs only takes notice of the face of the first
character of each string.  This is done for efficiency reasons, as the
mode line is redrawn very frequently.

So if you want to use a different font, you should construct the mode
line "creatively", taking care not to use strings that have different
faces on some of its characters.