Re: [h-e-w] No file on this line in find-name-dired buffer

From: Test User
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] No file on this line in find-name-dired buffer
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:47:07 -0500

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Test User <address@hidden> wrote:
When I run find-name-dired I cannot access the files in the directory listing. The message is 'No file on this line'. If I just find the directory name, I can open the files, but I want to find-name-dired to restrict the number of filenames. The FAQ at
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/efaq/Dired-claims-that-no-file-is-on-this-line.html
says that my choices are to:

1) make `ls -l' return the expected output or
2) change the regular _expression_ used by dired, directory-listing-before-filename-regexp

Further research shows that the problem is that the day is missing from
the output of `find -ls'. Fortunately MSYS2 works. Other Windows ports
(GnuWin32, UnixUtils) had the same issue. Still, if someone could show
me how to fix the regex I would really appreciate it.