Re: [h-e-w] Aspell issue with latex files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Aspell issue with latex files
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 13:09:45 +0300

> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:14:24 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I repeated this and this time I did CTRL-C not in MINGW64 shell (where I
> did "gdb ./emacs.exe") but in the DOS-like window getting a
>
> Thread 15 received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
> [Switching to Thread 5332.0x146c]
> 0x00007ff9a36ec605 in TlsGetValue () from C:\WINDOWS\System32\KernelBase.dll
> (gdb)
>
> (see the GDB prompt)
>
> After a while the DOS-like window closed, The Emacs frame is still
> there, but it seems even more not responding, the mouse pointer over it
> is a double arrow (<-- -->) and I can't move the frame dragging it:
> "task manager" says 'No response' and it seems I cannot close Not even
> with task manager...
>
> In any case, I did this at GDB prompt
>
> >    (gdb) thread apply all bt
>
> getting the following. Hope it helps.

Looks like the thread which communicates with Aspell exited, so Emacs
is waiting forever.

I will try to simulate this on my system, thanks.

It would help if you could tell how Aspell crashes in this case.  Does
it show some error dialog or writes something to the console window?
Do you see some information in the Windows Event Viewer?