Re: [h-e-w] Emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 06:38:07 +0900 (JST)

> where I replaced the Properties with the line below
> C:\gnu\emacs-25.2\bin\emacsclientw.exe -na
> C:\gnu\emacs-25.2\bin\emacsclientw.exe -c -n
>
> I get a error with 'filename or argument required' message.   and I
> got symantec virus warning too.
>
> How do I fix this please?

You need an empty argument to launch by double click.
Make a shortcut with target as shown below.
  C:\gnu\emacs-25.2\bin\emacsclientw.exe "" --alternate-editor
C:\gnu\emacs-25.2\bin\runemacs.exe

When create file associations, you may want add --create-frame to
behave like other Windows application.  For example,
  ftype txtfile=emacsclientw -cna runemacs "%1"
instead of
  ftype txtfile=emacsclientw -na runemacs "%1"
as shown in EmacsWiki.