Re: [h-e-w] Emacs 25.2 & 25.3 is very slow and lags on Windows 10, 64 bi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs 25.2 & 25.3 is very slow and lags on Windows 10, 64 bit
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 15:33:37 +0300

> From: Daniel Hannaske <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:30:32 +0200
>
> I tried the following Emacs versions:
>
> - emacs-25.2-x86_64
> - emacs-25.3-x86_64
> - emacs-25.2-i686
>
> (downloaded the zip files and unzipped them).
>
> During my configuration with org-babel I noticed that the scrolling is
> very slow and from time to time I have to wait a few seconds until Emacs
> will scroll again. Also calling commands e.g. M-x has sometimes a
> waiting period of a few seconds.
>
> To be sure that my config and some external packages is causing that
> issue I checked if the lagging  also occurs with a fresh install without
> any config files. And yes that lagging occured there as well.
>

> If I load in those Emacs an org file (1.7 kb) and scroll it up and down
> than I will get that lagging. I will also get it if I scroll via the
> mouse.
>
> I have no idea what can be the reason or how to prevent it. Maybe
> somebody can help or know what to check next.

Does the slow scrolling happen with a non-Org files, or if you expand
all of the hidden levels of the Org file?  Also, how large is your Org
file?

And finally, where did you download the Emacs binaries from?

FWIW, i have a 5-year old i7 machine here with 4GB of RAM, and I see
no problems with scrolling through a 1500-line Org file, whether
expanded or with hidden parts.