Windows 29.1 error - xargs MIA

From: JF
Subject: Windows 29.1 error - xargs MIA
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 17:51:35 -0400

Using GNU Emacs 29.1 (newly installed) on Windows 10 Pro
Trying dired mode for the first time and marked several files, then hit "Q" for regexp query search and replace. I specify the search and replace strings, hit Enter, and it says "Searching ..." and then:
xref-matches-in-files: Search failed with status 1: 'xargs' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
from which I infer there's a path to some xargs analog that's part of the install but it can't find???

Thanks,
John.