help-gnuastro

Regarding astsegment clump detection

From: chandan watts
Subject: Regarding astsegment clump detection
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 15:02:57 +0530

Hi,

I have used the astsegment command to identify clumps in the DECaLS g-band image. I didn't specify any threshold limit in the astsegment command and detected the clumps, but most clumps have sizes less than the psf size of the image. I want to know if the astsegment task is detecting clumps having a size less than psf size of the image. Can these clumps be considered realistic or not?

Regards,
Chandan